The late 1800′s Wight Mountain building as it stands today was originally known as The Plough Inn pub up until 1977.
After the Plough closed it’s doors the building was extended and turned into four retail outlets.
In 1996 Ken White and Keith Muir moved into one of the small units starting a local bike shop and Wight Mountain was born. Its success grew quickly and so did the premises eventually expanding over all four of the units and the whole ground floor within ten years!
In February 2007 Russ Newnham and Will Downer, mechanics of Wight Mountain since the start took over ownership employing three more staff members to cope with the heavy demands of the busy workshop and extensive shop floor.
Wight Mountain is a rider owned, enthusiastic bike shop with dedicated staff who between them are knowledgeable in all areas of biking.